Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Athletes that broke barriers
Transcript of Athletes that broke barriers
Athletes that broke barriers By Whitney Lovell
Barriers broke by Athletes
Simone Biles - Overcame the challenge of being adopted because her mother was a Alcoholic and a drug user. Also being bullied because she was adopted.
Kathleen Baker - Overcame the challenge of Crohn's Disease. She didn't let that stop her.
Yusra Mardini - Overcame the challenge of swimming across the Mediterranean sea and saving the lives of many people.
Simone Manuel- Overcame the challenge of being one of the first African American girls to swim in the Olympics.
Ibtihas Muhammd - Overcame the challenge of her religion and race stopping her from doing fencing and overcame being scrutinized because of it.
Oksana Chusovitina - Overcomes the challenge of her age and she isn't letting that stop her from doing gymnastics. She is about to become the oldest competing
This information was found at http://www.makers.com/blog/female-athletes-who-overcame-adversity-while-making-olympic-history