Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Process Skills
Science Process Skills
and the Scientific Method
Let's Do a Write Around...
What are the Process Skills
Which process skills will you use?
The Case of the Missing Computer Chip
Process Skills and
Working with a group, you will choose one of the following topics (or a topic approved by Dr. Lambe) and design an experiment to be conducted next week.
And Now It's Your Turn
Let's observe and infer!
Tell your elbow partner:
Based on the video, what does using the scientific method look like?
1. Determine a testable
2. Generate a hypothesis.
3. Determine how to test the
4. Analyze test results.
5. Review findings and consider
the next steps.
You must have all the parts of a good experiment written out so that other scientists could repeat your work:
* Testable Research Question
* Conclusions and suggestions for
* Comparing strength of paper towels
*Comparing absorbancy of diapers
* Various cleaning solutions for removing mustard stains
* Bubbles produced by dishwashing detergent
* Choosing the best plastic zip lock bags for storage
Each team of scientists must check in with Dr. Lambe before leaving the lab tonight.
Teams must share the responsibility of bringing materials, conducting the experiment, recording the data, and sharing results with the class.
(Your "Exit Slip" will be to answer her questions before you leave.)