Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of spherical sector
A solid generated by revolving a sector of a great circle about a diameter of that circle.
Total surface AREA
Z is the area of zone base
R is the radius of the sphere
Since Z = 2 (pi) Rh
v = 2/3 (pi) R^2 h
Zone + Lateral area of bounding cones
2 (pi) Rh + (pi) aR + (pi) bR
[(pi)R] 2h + a + b
but for Spherical Cone, b=0; thus
[(pi)R] 2h + a
1. The Spherical Sector is bounded by a zone and one or two conical surfaces.
2. The Spherical Sector having only one conical surface is called a spherical cone, otherwise it is called open spherical sector.
3. The base of a Spherical Sector is its zone.
1. Find the volume of a spherical sector
cut out of a sphere whose surface
area is 400 (pi) in^2 if the altitude
of the zone base is 3 in.
2. Find the volume of the spherical sector
cut out of a sphere of radius 16 cm, if the
altitude of the zone is 6 cm.