Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
desrcibe three ways in which ATP is regenerated during muscl
Transcript of desrcibe three ways in which ATP is regenerated during muscl
. Aerobic respiration
. Anaerobic glycolysis
. Creatine phosphate is an organic compound that provides a quick source of energy for muscle fibers to contract when they need an initial burst of energy. It is also found in the brain and provides a similar burst of energy for neurons.
Direct phosphorylation of ATP by creatine Phosphate
. Occurs in the mitochondria
. During aerobic respiration glucose is broken down completely to water
.Energy is released as the bonds are broken
.Glycolysis simply means the breakdown (lysis) of glucose and consists of a series of chemical reactions that are controlled by enzymes.
During the processes of glycolysis hydrogen ions (H+) are released into the muscle cell. Without oxygen the H+ cannot be removed and as a result the muscle cell becomes increasingly acidic.
Anaerobic glycolysis and lactic acid formation