Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Sachsen-Anhalt
Halle (Saale): 230,429
In 1995 the US Army took control of most of the western and northern area of Sachsen-Anhalt. Eventually the US Army retired and to allow the Red Army to make it part of the Soviet Occupation zone.
Holy Roman Emperor Otto I
Religious reformer Martin Luther
Composer Georg Friedrich Händel
Founder of modern geography Carl Ritter
Sachsen-Anhalt is located in the western part of eastern Germany. It's the 8th largest state and by population, the 10th largest. It borders Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony) to the north-west, Brandenburg to the north-east, Sachsen (Saxony) to the south-east, and Thuringia to the south-west.
The oldest sun observatory currently known in Europe is the so-called Goseck circle in Saxony-Anhalt. It was built about 7,000 years ago.
Cathedral of Magdeburg
Salzwedel Baumkuchen (Tree Cake)
Altmärker Hochzeitssuppe (Altmark Wedding Soup)
Zerbster Spargelsuppe (Asparagus Soup)