Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Knives and knife safety
Transcript of Copy of Knives and knife safety
A different knife for each job
Can you identify these knives and suggest a use for each?
The Golden Rules
Carry knives by you side, pointed at the ground
Place knives flat on a work surface
Keep your knives sharp and clean
a guide to common kitchen knives
Knives and knife safety
Tools of the trade
Intended learning outcomes
By the end of this lesson you will be able to
• Identify a minimum of 4 types of kitchen knife
• Suggest a suitable use for each type of knife by completing a worksheet
• Describe 5 key rules relating to knife safety by inserting the missing word into safety statements
How did you do? Swap with a friend and check answers
Store knives safely in a block or rack
Never leave knives in a sink full of water
Knives can be dangerous if not handled carefully
What do you remember?