Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Lesson 1.1 What is Science?
Transcript of Lesson 1.1 What is Science?
We see different
are things that happen
in nature as caused by physical or chemical cahnges.
Here are some examples
of natural phenomena.
Try to Identify each one.
Seeing amazing things
makes us want to search
why and how these
Seeing those things leads us to ask questions and leads us to search for answers.
gives us the answers that we need.
How do we define science?
According to Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, the definition of science is:
Knowledge attained through study or practice
Knowledge covering general truths of the operation of general laws, esp. as obtained and tested through scientific method concerned with the physical world
• Simply stated, science is the systematic study of nature and how it affects the environment and us.
----It’s a study
---------A systematic study
----It’s a study of nature
----The effects of natural phenomena on everything else on planet Earth.
Science gives us devices, products and processes
are gadgets that use electricity or human power. Devices can make work easier to do.
are materials used in manufacturing useful things.
are ways of doing something faster and more efficiently.
Science plays an important role in our daily lives.
Science helps us to understand ourselves
Science helps us to understand our environment
Science helps in making our lives better and more comfortable
Importance of Science
Studying Science Opens Career Opportunities
The following people are working on a Science related job.
Who are these people?
What jobs do they do?
Branches of Science