Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Technological Tools at the Primary School Level: How Do Teachers Construct the Learning or the Assessment Experience?
Transcript of Technological Tools at the Primary School Level: How Do Teachers Construct the Learning or the Assessment Experience?
for Primary School Children ...
Learning and Assessment Experience at
Montclair Kimberley Primary School
How do primary school level teachers construct
the learning or assessment experience?
How do primary school students learn to participate with digital tools that both build and assess skills?
Examples of structures that support how teachers construct the learning and/or assessment experience.
Curricular and Instructional Philosophy
We've grappled with the concept of "citizen as participator" in digital spaces.
Students have participated
with digital tools for:
Students create content to show sequence of events
Collecting Tulip Data
Beyond the Tools
Beyond the Tools
Sample Agenda from iPad Institute
Sample resource(s) connecting iPad use with explicit numeracy goals - Professional Development
Created by: M. Gonzales
One Mobile Laptop
Two Mobile Lab
Four Mobile Laptop Carts
One iPod Touch Lab
One iPod Lab
One iPad Mobile Lab
Two iPad Mobile Lab
Our PS Timeline w/Technology in Connection
with 1:1 24/7 Initiative at the MS and US
Year of 1:1
New Laptop Cycle MS and US
Year of new roll out
Assess Foreign Language communication and vocabulary development
• Assessment for numeracy skills
• Building thinking maps with Kidspiration
• Poetry podcasting and digital storytelling
• Character studies using concept maps, research
about author’s lives
• Communication through videoconferencing
• Communication using digital pictures and video
• Illustrating a setting with drawing programs
• Finding locations and learning about physical features with Google Earth
MKA Primary School
Educational Rationale for iPads
Screencasting for the purpose of communication and assessment
Teacher's insights into iPad use
students practicing skills
communicate evidence and categorize
Using manipulatives with direct manipulation of the tool