Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Walker Books, Inc.
Transcript of Walker Books, Inc.
Manual System with Minimal PC Support
Cycle composed of sales order processing and cash receipts.
You have been hired as an independent expert to express an opinion on the appropriateness of Walker Books' business processes and internal controls.
C.) Analyze the internal control weaknesses in the system.
B.) Create a system flowchart of the existing system
D.) Prepare a system flow chart of a redesigned computer system
A.)Create a data flow diagram of the current system.
- Walker company must have an authorize person, known as the checker to assist the checking and the flow of inventories in the warehouse.
- They must implement a controller department. The cash receipts department typically reports to the treasurer who has responsibility for financial assets.
- Since the company encounters delivery delays, they must have a carrier department so that inventories will be turned over to customers or to other branches as fast as possible to prevent inventory stock outs.
b.) SEGREGATION OF DUTIES
- Walker Company must have tasks dispersed to different departments.
- In order to maximize time and maximize the order sales, Walker Company must be able to see that different departments are assigned with their specific tasks.
c.) ACCESS CONTROL
- Walker Company's computer department must see to it the importance of providing more computer units.
- The organization management must implement controls that restrict unauthorized access. Since the company relies only to a stand alone work station and it has no physical source documents for back-up, the destruction of files can leave Walker Company with inadequate inventory record.
d.) INVENTORY RECORDS
- Walker Company's sales department must always maintain file back-ups to prevent loss of sales records since they only have a stand alone PC work station.
- Walker company must be able to purchase more computers for fast and more reliable documents for their sale inputs to prevent manual procedures since manual procedures may result to communication logs to employees or logs on transmitting order to purchasing department.