Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Theorists
Born: February 12, 1809
Evolution = species that change over time.
Evolution was introduced in Darwins book,
Origins of the Species
. He developed the idea of natural selection which is "survival of the fittest"
Born: May 6, 1856
S. Freud believed our behavior (or conflicts) is influenced by 3 mental processes.
id= this part of our subconscious that seeks contentment not pain.
superego= plays on our morals causing guilt when we have done something questionable.
ego= the part of us that allows us to rationalize and solve problems.
The superego and ego work together as a team.
Born: June 15, 1902
Psychosocial Theory= The belief that our social interactions shape the development of our personality.
Wrote the book, Childhood and Society in 1950 that divided the life cycle into 8 stages from Infancy to Old Age.
Born: August 9, 1896
Theory of Cognitive Development= Belief that learning is progressive by thinking, reasoning, and then problem solving.
Born: November 17,1896
Social-Cognitive view= It is important to learn from others who are more advanced in their knowledge.