Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Hamster Maze Project
Transcript of Hamster Maze Project
The Effect of different foods on time taken to find the food
If the we put the doughnuts down then the hamster will find the food faster
The data showed that Buddy (hamster) found the pellets fastest. In future research we would try the treats that we put in the beginning again after the hamster had ran the other trials to see if he finds those treats better after Buddy (hamster) has gotten used to the maze. I would also like if we did the experiment with a mouse instead so we could compare the hamster’s data to the mouse’s data to see which one used his senses better to find the food at the end of the maze.
Now here are some pictures of when we
did the experiment!!!
1. Gather materials
2. take the wood and put in a arrangement to make the maze
3. put hot glue under wood to keep still (this step is optional)
4. After you made the maze set up your experiment
5. Put the food at the end of the of the maze
6. have the helper put the hamster at the starting point, as the helper is doing that start the timer
7. wait for hamster to get to the finish line
8. when there, stop time and with your pencil and paper you can write down your results
1. Card board box
5. hamster food
7. hot glue
Hamsters are rodents that belong in the subfamily Cricetinae. Their behavior depends on their environment, genetics, and interaction with people. Also hamsters are easy to breed in captivity and are easy to have as pets. Their lifespan is 1.5 to 2 yrs. but can live up to 4 years even. Most hamsters are nocturnal which means the are more lively at night. Hamsters are omnivores. Their diet includes vegetables, fruits, seeds, nuts, and even insects.Hamsters can't see well and are nearsighted and colorblind. Their social behavior with other hamsters is strictly solitary. There are about 25 species of hamsters.
Mazes are basically puzzles that are very complex and requires the solver to find his/her way out. Mazes are mostly used for psychology experiments. This is to study spatial navigation and learning. There are other Mazes like: Block Mazes, Logic Mazes, and Loop and Trap Mazes.
By: Kayla Cartwright