Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Importance of Stories and Storytelling in the Classroom
Transcript of The Importance of Stories and Storytelling in the Classroom
in the Classroom WHY? Literature gives us the possibility of placing ourselves in somebody else's shoes HOW? 1- Allow children to explore their own cultural roots and other diverse cultures
2- Enable children to empathise with unfamiliar people/places/situations
3- Offer insights into universal life experiences
4- Help children consider new ideas Jerome Bruner Enactive Mode Action Iconic Mode Image Symbolic Mode Word NARRATIVE THINKING CUP Allan Paivio DUAL CODING THEORY Would you dare storytelling? Evelyn Hamer and Dalma Barrionuevo Presentation done by: Sources: Storytelling Workshop with Fabiana Parano
'Actual Minds, Possible Worlds' by Jerome Bruner