Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
A Thousand Splendid Suns
Transcript of A Thousand Splendid Suns
CFR VIGO Main Characters: Your FEELINGS about the novel: engaged , sad , disturbed , confused
Main ideas/ THEMES:
STRUCTURE: time -line forward , back and forth between past and present
NARRATOR: 1st person , 3rd person ,single/ shifting points of view
PASSAGES that stroke you:
Satisfaying ENDING? "A Thousand Splendid Suns "
by Khaled Hosseini , novelist and doctor
(Kabul , 1965) THE PLOT convincing , sympathetic , likeable, thoughtful , intelligent , innocent , strong , weak Mariam , Rashee , Layla , Tariq Other characters: Jalil , Nana , Mullah Faizullah Baby , Aziza , Zalmai Women in Afghanistan:
* Women in Afghanistan have a one in 11 chance of dying in childbirth.
* Some 87 pct of women are illiterate.
* 70-80 pct of girls and women face forced marriages.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/video/2013/feb/14/one-billion-rising-afghan-march-video http://www.aeshasjourney.com/ http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2011/oct/07/afghanistan-timeline-10-years-interactive