Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
A Thousand Splendid Suns
Transcript of A Thousand Splendid Suns
CFR VIGO Main Characters: Your FEELINGS about the novel: engaged , sad , disturbed , confused
Main ideas/ THEMES:
STRUCTURE: time -line forward , back and forth between past and present
NARRATOR: 1st person , 3rd person ,single/ shifting points of view
PASSAGES that stroke you:
Satisfaying ENDING? "A Thousand Splendid Suns "
by Khaled Hosseini , novelist and doctor
(Kabul , 1965) THE PLOT convincing , sympathetic , likeable, thoughtful , intelligent , innocent , strong , weak Mariam , Rashee , Layla , Tariq Other characters: Jalil , Nana , Mullah Faizullah Baby , Aziza , Zalmai Women in Afghanistan:
* Women in Afghanistan have a one in 11 chance of dying in childbirth.
* Some 87 pct of women are illiterate.
* 70-80 pct of girls and women face forced marriages.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/video/2013/feb/14/one-billion-rising-afghan-march-video http://www.aeshasjourney.com/ http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2011/oct/07/afghanistan-timeline-10-years-interactive