Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The comedy of Act 2 scene 5
Transcript of The comedy of Act 2 scene 5
Is this a 'jest'?
How do we feel about the 'jesters'?
If we laugh at Malvolio, do we empathise with his 'foolers'?
What is comic about this scene?
Who is the butt of the joke here?
Who can we categorise as FOOL in this scene?
How do you feel about Malvolio?
How is Malvolio abused?
Is Malvolio 'most notoriously abused' or do you think he is a 'well deserving victim of a practical joke that explodes his vanity, social-climbing, and pretentiousness' ?(Maurice Charney)
To what extent does Malvolio get what he deserves?
WHY IS MALVOLIO REFERRED TO AS AN ANIMAL SO REGULARLY?
On your tables, identify points to argue either case.
Consider the staging of this scene - watch these different stagings - which do you prefer and why?
(keep a note of the different productions...)