Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of France
e Museum Notre dame Streets
Paris There are many different monuments in Paris!
From the Eiffel Tower to the Louvre Museum, with one of the most well known paintings in the world...the Mona Lisa! As for the streets, they were filled with souvenirs, such as prints of the city. The shops were modern with an olden day feel, and over all a great experience!!! Is also called Vieux Nice in French, it is a beautiful and unique neighborhood in Nice. Shopping in Old Nice:
• Old Nice is know for its unique shopping. Some of the best shopping is simply along the Cours Selaya. At peak tourist times, it can be difficult to peruse the stalls. Therefore, we went there at 6 A.M in the morning, before all the crowds arrive. Hotel We will be stayed in Hotel Beau Rivage which is in style steps from the Cours Selaya and the shore. It will be very convenient for our morning shopping at the Cours Selaya. Refrain:
Grab your weapons, citizens!
Form your batallions!
Let us march! Let us march!
May impure blood
Water our fields! France Anthem Le Chateau –
is on top of a hill, overlooking the amazing view below it. •Cathedrale Sainte Reparate
- One of Old Nice's most beautiful historic religious buildings.
- Nice Cathedral is the cathedral of the Diocese of Nice
- We just Walked around and spend time in nice’s old, intimate and atmospheric buildings TIPS FOR VISITING OLD NICE :) - Have change on hand in case you need to use the restroom. There are public toilets between the Cours Selaya and the quai des Etats Unis, but they are paid. - At night this neighborhood has a higher crime rate than some other popular tourist areas. That doesn't mean you can't be in Old Nice after dark, but be stick with friends and family and use some basic safety precautions. Strasbourg
Strasbourg is the ultimate European city. It has flavors of both France and Germany. It's picturesque "la Petite France" neighborhood looks like something straight out of a fairy tale book. Sightseeing: La Petite France -Le Petite France neighborhood is a
collection of cobblestone roads and shops -Fine dining and good shopping
abound in this part of town Cathedrale Notre Dame
de Strasbourg -Strasbourg's most famous
landmark -Imitating an example of 13th-century
gothic architecture Musée Alsacien -The museum covers several topics
of the typical life from the
1400 until the 1900s FOOD IN FRANCE! Creme Brulee: -Traditional French dessert -Normally flavoured with vanilla
-Rich custard base with lots of cream
-Topped with sugar
(touched until it's thick and hard) Crepe: -Very thin ("pancake")
-made with flour, milk, eggs, sugar -Savory or sweet fillings
-usually nutella and bananas
-Heated on griddle or frying pan Escargot: -Severed as an appetizer in France -Escargot = Snails
-Placed on specific escargot dishes
-in shells Macaroons: -Delicate and small sweets
-"meringue" like consistency -Mostly almond flavoured
-made with sugar and egg whites -Flavoured paste sandwiched between
two macaroons Baguette Pain au
chocolat Quiche Currency The currency in France is:
Euro (EUR) -Euros are also used in the European Union (17 member states), and another 5 European countries Symbol for Euro = € Language French is the official
language of France.
It is the first language
of 88% of the population
in France. Popular sayings: Déjà vu= The feeling of having experienced something already
Zut= "Darn" or a general exclamation
Au contraire= On the contrary The exchange rate for 1 Euro is currently about 1.35 Canadian. HOTEL Streets of Strasbourg, France Conclusion: Bibliography http://www.lonelyplanet.com/france/sights
"Sights in France." - Lonely Planet. N.p., 07 Jan. 2013. Web. 11 Jan. 2013.
"France." Frommers.com. N.p., 11 Jan. 2013. Web. 11 Jan. 2013.
BBC News. BBC, 15 Jan. 2013. Web. 15 Jan. 2013
"Arc De Triomphe." , Paris. N.p., 15 Jan. 2013. Web. 16 Jan. 2013.
"Pictures of Lyon." About.com France Travel. N.p., 16 Jan. 2013. Web. 16 Jan. 2013.
"Otto's Rambles." Otto's Rambles. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Jan. 2013. Overall, our trip to France has been a wonderful experience! We got to see a variety of monuments and beautiful sceneries. We hope to visit again soon! Thanks for
watching! Shopping in Paris We went to many famous malls and shopping streets, such as Au Printemps, Bercy Village. We bought a lot of brand name clothing and shoes there. Overall, we spent about 1000 euros there. We also got a necklace and keychain (Eiffel Tower) We stayed at Cour du Corbeau Hotel. It is ranked #1 in Strasbourg.
The cost was CAD $184 per night for two adults. Hotel We stayed at La Maison Favart in Paris. The hotel it self was beautiful and vintage. The designs in the room really made us feel like we were the royals in ancient France. The cost was CAD331 per night for 2 adults We walked along the beautiful downtown of Strasbourg. We visited many little unique shops and boutiques, and came across many pretty souvenirs. In total, we spent around $100 Euros. Strasbourg’s Shopping a