Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Totem Poles: Identity, Ownership and Storytelling
Transcript of Totem Poles: Identity, Ownership and Storytelling
the essence of the Totem The land and people Totem poles "are all about cultural identity". Totem poles are a way to show ownership of property. Totem poles are an extension of oral law, a storyteller. Purpose of Totems The Making Forced Assimilation--near death of the Totem “Ethnocentrism often prevents academics from seeing legal systems when they do not look like the Anglo justice system… [J]ust because a tribe lacks the same kind of legal system as Europeans, it does not mean that the tribe has no legal system at all.” P237 Current Healing--Rebirth of the Totem Restoration of the Past Robert Davidson Brian Jungen Modern vs commercial art Healing from pain ownership mortuary storytelling by monika burkholder