Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Symbolism in Short Stories
Transcript of Symbolism in Short Stories
it's a symbol? 1. watch for repeated
references to the item.
2. does the protagonist
have a special attachment
to the item?
3. ask "why does the
protagonist have this
something that stands for or represents something else.
a driver's license or car
a black cowboy hat
the color white
the color green
trees Question? 2. Can symbols lead to theme
2. Yes. Sometimes the symbols in a story are part of the subject or topic of the theme of the story. 3. what does the tree in
this Prezi symbolize?
Answer: ???? what it is: a word, phrase or idea
representing an abstract
noun or idea.
What it is NOT: a physical object
representing another physical
object. 1. Do symbols represent the
same thing for everyone? Answer:
1. No. Symbols can be very individualized
and mean different things to different people.