Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Symbolism in Short Stories
Transcript of Symbolism in Short Stories
it's a symbol? 1. watch for repeated
references to the item.
2. does the protagonist
have a special attachment
to the item?
3. ask "why does the
protagonist have this
something that stands for or represents something else.
a driver's license or car
a black cowboy hat
the color white
the color green
trees Question? 2. Can symbols lead to theme
2. Yes. Sometimes the symbols in a story are part of the subject or topic of the theme of the story. 3. what does the tree in
this Prezi symbolize?
Answer: ???? what it is: a word, phrase or idea
representing an abstract
noun or idea.
What it is NOT: a physical object
representing another physical
object. 1. Do symbols represent the
same thing for everyone? Answer:
1. No. Symbols can be very individualized
and mean different things to different people.