Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
KET SPEAKING EXAM TIPS
Transcript of KET SPEAKING EXAM TIPS
Part 1: The Interview
The examiner will start by asking your name and where you come from. You will probably be asked to spell something.
Know the alphabet and numbers well!!
The interviewer will then ask more complicated questions, including WHY/HOW you feel about certain things.
MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS SPEAK IN FULL SENTENCES.
Example: How old are you? I am twelve years old.
Where do you live? I live in Moralzarzal.
What are your hobbies? My hobbies are dancing and reading.
Speak only with the examiner, not your partner.
Part 1: The Interview
Be prepared to discuss these subjects in detail:
Be prepared to discuss these subjects in PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE
Part 2: Simulated Situation
In this part of the exam you will speak with your partner, NOT the examiner
The examiner will explain to both candidates what they need to do. SHE WILL NOT REPEAT THE INSTRUCTIONS.
George, here is some information about a museum. Tony, you don´t know anything about the museum so ask George some questions about it. (PAUSE, George reads quietly) Now,Tony, ask George your questions about the museum, and George, you answer him.
REMEMBER TO BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR GRAMMAR, ESPECIALLY IN PART 2.
Review past/future tenses for answering questions in the first part.
You will all do really well as long as you study!!! Yay English!!!
The Standard Format
There will be 2 candidates and 2 examiners
One examiner will talk to you, the other will listen and write down notes
The tests consists of two parts:
1. Student/Examiner Interaction
2. Ask and answer in pairs twice
The test is very easy, but you cannot do well without studying!!!!!!
Part 3: Simulated Situation
1. How much does/do _____ cost?
2. What / Where / How can you …?
3. Is / Are there…?
4. What time does/do the _____ start/finish?
5. Is it open/closed in the morning/evening/afternoon?
6. When is the ____ open/closed?
7. Does it have _____?
8. Can you ______?
9. What kind of ________ are/is there?
10. How far is the _____?