Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of United Airlines
Sometimes National Airline companies overbook flights so they make sure to fill all the seats incase some people do not show up.
However, in this case all passengers were present.
United Airlines asked four passengers to leave the airplane.
One of the four passengers refused to give up his seat stating he had an important surgery to perform, this man so happened to be Chinese.
The Washington Post
The specific article we chose explains the story and makes the point on why did they randomly chose him.
The article states, "United Airlines just randomly chose an Asian? It’s blatant racial discrimination"
The man was then grabbed and forcefully dragged off the plane.
Through all the force the Chinese doctor had got knocked out and a busted lip.
We chose this news article because it relates to many topics in the book and chapter 10.
The Conflict Theory
- An attitude that prejudges people, usually in a negative way.
- Behavior that treats people unequally or unfairly because of their group membership.
- Harmful action on a one-to-one basis by a dominant group against a min
Dalton Smith, Carla Alfaro