Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Safety precautions of quakes
Transcript of Safety precautions of quakes
SAFETY MEASURES OF AN EARTHQUAKE
Earthquakes can cause much effects and much damage, loss of life, injury to persons are usually caused by collapsing buildings. In order to minimize the impacts of earthquakes it is important that safety precautions are adhered to.
Safety measures before the quake
SAFETY MEASURES DURING THE QUAKE
The most important thing to do during a quake is to remain calm.
SAFETY MEASURES AFTER A QUAKE
Do not use matches, lighters,open flame or electrical switchers until you are sure that there are not gas leaks.
* Heavy furniture such as book cases,
should be fastened to the wall
and the heaviest objects
should be placed on lower furniture.
* Supplies food and water, first aid-kit and
a battery operated radio should be stocked
in the safest place in the house for use
* One or more family members should have
a working knowledge of first aid measures
as well as they should know the locations of the
main switch valves.
Make no moves or take no action without thinking about the possible consequences.
If you are inside stay there and do the DCH.
If you are outside stay away from buildings, trees, light poles and telephone or electric wires, and if you are in vehicle drive away from underpasses or overpasses and stop in the safest place possible.
Do not use lift (elevator) and stairs
Except in extreme emergency
Co-operate with all public safety and relief organizations .
DO YOU KNOW THAT ONE MILLION QUAKES OCCUR EVERY YEAR ?
They aren't all felt by humans.
DO YOU KNOW THAT THE WORST EARTHQUAKE WAS IN CHILE ON 22/05/1960 ?
IT MAGNITUDE HITS 9.5