Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of "I Am"
the Bread of Life
the Light of the world
the Good Shepherd
the Way, the Truth and the Life
the Resurrection and the life
“Jesus is Sovereign”
“Jesus is Satisfaction”
"I am the Bread of Life”
“Jesus is Seeing”
“I am the Light of the World”
“Jesus is Source”
“I am the Door”
“Jesus is Solution”
“I am the Way the Truth and the Life”
April 13th "
Jesus is Sacrifice”
"I am the Good Shepherd”
“Jesus is Salvation”
“I am the Resurrection and the Life”
“Jesus is Significance”
“I am the True Vine”
The Divinity of Jesus Christ:
was affirmed by the apostles
was declared by Himself
was to be understood through metaphors
(John 20:28, Titus 2:13, Colossians 1:15-20, 2:9-10, Heb 1:1-6)
(John 4, John 6, John 8, John 9, John 13, John 18)
Dr. Charles Ryrie
“The ‘I am’” denotes absolute eternal existence... It is a claim to be Yahweh of the O.T."
Exod 3:14 – God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And he said, "Say this to the people of Israel, I AM has sent me to you."
Jesus Words in N.T.
-The metaphors are alluded to in the Old Testament
-The metaphors are paralleled in Isaiah, Psalms, Revelation
-The metaphors are themed around life
-The metaphors are aspects of God's character
-The metaphors are embraced when personalized (i.e. David)
• Bread of Life / Bread from Heaven
Exod 16; Num 11:6-9; Ps 78:24; Isa 55:1-3; Neh 9:15
• Light of the World -
Exod 13:21-22; Isa 42:6-7; Ps 97:4
• Good Shepherd -
Ezek 34:1-41; Gen 48:15; 49:24; Ps 23:1-4; 80:1; 100:3-4; Micah 7:14
• Resurrection / Life -
Dan 12:2; Ps 56:13;
• Way -
Exod 33:13; Ps 25:4; 27:11; 86:11; 119:59; Isa 40:3; 62:10
• Truth -
1 Kings 17:4; Ps 25:5; 43:3; 86:11; 119:160; Isa 45:19
• Vine / Vineyard -
Isa 5:1-7; Ps 80:9-17; Jer 2:21; Ezek 17:5-10
• John 6:35 Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of
; he who comes to Me shall not hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.
• John 8:12 Again therefore Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world; he who follows Me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of
• John 10:9-11,15 "I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. "The thief comes only to steal, and kill, and destroy; I came that they might have
, and might have it abundantly. "I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His
for the sheep... even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My
for the sheep.
• John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the
; he who believes in Me shall
even if he dies
• John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the
; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.
Parallels in Revelation
Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending" (1:8).
Alpha and Omega, the first and the last" (1:11).
the first and the last. I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death (1:17-18).
Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end" (21:6).
Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (22:13).
the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star" (22:16).