Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Elements of Persuasion
Transcript of Elements of Persuasion
credible, writers often use personal anecdotes. Why do commercials make
us want to buy stuff or do stuff? Quotes Interviews Expert Opinions Make a writer's position more credible Outside opinions that correspond with their own BIG NAMES Important or Famous People who endorse a product or issue - helps increase credibility Details Features that may be interesting to the audience Statistics Make an argument seem more conclusive,
and therefore a writer's opinion more valid Examples Specific instances where the writer's position is correct. EMOTION URGENCY Make people think the issue is so important that they MUST ACT NOW!! Make people happy, sad, or angry, and they are more likely to see your position as valid. Anecdotes Did any of the commercials use more than one element of persuasion? Which ones?
Discuss with your partner & record your response on your communicators. Now it's your turn... Persuade Me!