Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Red River Rebellion Timeline
Transcript of The Red River Rebellion Timeline
In 1868 surveyors arrive unannounced. They cause the Metis to fear for the land and rights.
January 1 1869 the Hudsons Bay Company withdraws its control from Ruperts land.
October 16 1869 Riel forms the Metis National commitee.
October 30 1869 Mcdougal tries to get to Fort Gary but is stopped by the Metis National Commitee
November 19 1869 Canada Buys the HBCs land
December 1869 The Metis bill of rights is drawn up. It was adopted in May 1870
December 1869 Riel establishes a provisional government
December 1869 Thomas Scott is arrested for taking up arms against the provisional government. He escaped on January 9 1870 before being recaptured on February 12 1870
March 4 1870 Thomas Scott is executed by firing squad
March 11 1870 New of Thomas Scotts reaches Ontario and causes uproar
May 12 1870 The Manitoba act is passed.
late July 1870 Macdonald sends troops to the Red River settlement
August 24 1870 Louis Riel flees to the united states