Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of 2013-'14Technology Budget
in Our Schools:
Short- and Long-Term Plans Internet
Connection To additionally support the increased number of devices, the district's Internet connection needs to be upgraded as well. Additional Rationale for iPads / Network Upgrades
- Mobile Teacher Evaluations
- 21st Century Skills E-Books -Classics: Shakespeare, Great Expectations, Scarlet Letter, Moby Dick, etc. already available.
- Supervisors reviewing availability of textbooks & texts not already in public domain
- Current Apple policy: books purchased through iTunes Apple rights stay with the end user As technological
we continue to research and adjust
our plans. Technology Advisory Board Staff members across district
Develop implementation plans
Software evaluators / testers Our goal is always to provide the best learning tools and environment to our students The iPad is the
tool of today. The
district piloted carts
this year at
every building. We're proposing a 1:1 iPad
implementation at G.L. to
ensure students always
have access to high-quality
learning & productivity tools
$251,052 - three-year
lease purchase. To support that many
the district infrastructure
needs to be upgraded,
including... Access points to ensure quality wireless signal in every educational space. (coverage)
$107,000 Power over Ethernet (POE) network switches to which access points need to connect (density)
$170,874 Using many resources to develop best solutions To benefit from faster Internet
K-8 Schools require
lease purchase Why choose iPad - tablet vs. laptop - Tablet promotes touching, moving, rotation makes virtual objects more real
-Tablets are lighter, more portable
-Very long battery life, will last a full day
-District will provide bluetooth keyboard, to facilitate typing and act as a hard cover for iPad
-Macbook Air 45% more expensive, Windows RT not yet evaluated by PARCC Why iPad - iPad vs. Other Tablets Presentation Objectives 1:1 iPad initiative for GLHS