Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of The Literary Elements
Transcript of Copy of The Literary Elements
What are the elements that make up a short story?
The time and place of the action
The time may be past, present, or future.
The place may be real or imaginary.
A struggle between opposing forces.
Establishes the setting.
Introduces the characters.
Gives the reader important background information.
The events in a story that move the plot forward
Involves the conflict and builds toward the climax.
The turning point or point of greatest interest
The outcome of the story becomes clear.
A time when conflicts are resolved and any loose ends are tied up.
The problem may be solved or changed and the story ends.
The series of events in a story that center around a conflict.
The people, animals, or imaginary creatures who take part in the action of the story.
The meaning or moral of the story.
Develop themes to express their ideas about life or human nature.
Sometimes themes are stated directly, but often readers must figure them out.
Use this link to watch a video explaining theme.