Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Phatic Communion
What is Phatic Communion?
Phatic communion is a verbal or non- verbal communication that has a social function, such as to start a conversation, greet someone, or say goodbye.
Examples of Phatic Communion
"How are you?"
"Have a nice day."
"Lets do lunch sometimes."
"Nice day, isn't it?"
12 Functions of Phatic Communion:
Breaking the silence.
Starting a conversation.
Making small talk.
Keeping the conversation going.