Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Japanese Culture
- In the japanese culture, the japanese people are well mannered.
-Japanese people value private thoughts and feelings.
-Most Japanese people follow the phrase " Shouganai " which means can't be helped, japanese people rather accept the things the way they are then to stress over them.
The Japanese Language
- The Japanese Language consists of three different characters KanjiI( thousands of chinese characters) katakana, hiragana.
The Japanese household
-Three types of housing in japan are Traditional homes, Danchi ( apartments) and modern homes.
- The average Japanese family has 2 kids
- Japanese houses are very clean to avoid germs and sickness.
-In japan it is accustom to take your shoes off in the genkan (entryway) before walking in the house.
-Some households will offer house slippers or you can walk around with your socks or bare foot.
- In Japanese home they value eating as a family
-In japanese Households they take baths and they all use the same bath water.
- Shintoism is the most common religion in Japan.
- Most japanese people will pray to ancestors and gods
-The followers of Shintoism believe that spiritual powers exist in the natural world.
- Japanese funerals are Shinto/Buddhist style. The day of the funeral the body is cremated, the urn is left at a alter at the familys house for 35 days after that it is buried at a Buddhist cemetery.
Technology in japan
- When entering a Japanese home you would say " Konnichiwa" or "Gomen kudasai".
-In Japan, people greet each other by bowing. A bow ranges from a small nod of the head to a long, 90 degree bend at the waist. If the greeting takes place on tatami floor, people get on their knees in order to bow.
- when visiting it is also polite to bring a small gift to show thanks.
-Japanese households have different shoes for restrooms.
- It doesn't matter if you slurp your noodles as long as you finish all your food.
- Make sure your clean after yourself
people who are more than 100 years old.
- Many people will travel using the bullet train. The bullet train has been around for 50 years it is one of the most efficient type of transportation in japan .
- The Robotics industry is more important in Japan than any other country in the world.
-ASIMO is one of the latest models that has been released by Honda, ASIMO has the ability to recognize moving objects, postures, gestures, its surrounding environment, sounds and faces, which enables it to interact with humans.
-In Japan vending machines are very popularJapan has the highest per capita rate of vending machines in the world
- A Japanese scientist has recently developed technology which includes a high-speed camera and special glasses that will allow users to manipulate and work with computer-generated 3-D virtual reality images with their hands
are commonly grown in Japan because they're easier to stack and store.
where you can drink coffee and hang out with cats for hours.
- the most popular dishes in japan are rice bowls, Ramen, Curry Rice, Miso soup, and hambagu and seafood, dolphin meat is also popular .
Cosplayers wear costumes inspired by popular culture like manga/Anime or video games.These are usually worn at events. It's uncommon to see cosplay in the streets
-otaku, someone who is obsessed with anime and manga.
-Hikikomori - Young people who withdraw from active life outside their home. They often withdraw into isolated existences with no face to face contact and a refusal to leave their homes or rooms.
-Lolita fashion is a fashion subculture originating in Japan that is based on Victorian-era clothing.
Sleeping on the job is
and shows hard work and dedication.
were rushed to hospitals after an intense episode of
that caused dizziness, vomiting, and seizures.
KFC is often used as a
There's an island in Japan filled with
-Population of Japan is 127.6 million
- Japan’s economic freedom score is 72.4, making its economy the 25th freest in the 2014 Index.
- Japan is the world's third largest automobile manufacturing country
- Japan possesses 13.7% of the world's private financial assets (the second largest in the world) at an estimated $14.6 trillion.
- japanese economy depend on the production of electrical and computerized goods and services.
- Japan is a leader in mobile phone technology and usage.
When addressing some one in japan it is common to call people by there last name.
- The japanese people will use honorific suffixes to address people
- (San) this suffix is used for people around your age.
- (Sama) is more respectful version of san.
- (Kun) you would use this suffix when your emotionly attached or you are junior status to the person.
-( Chan) is used for children
- (Sempi) is for senior colleagues
- ( Sensei) is used for teachers, Doctors, and authority figures
-Grade school is from 1-6 grade
- Middle school is from 7-9
- High school is from 10-12
-Japan has one of the world's best-educated populations, with 100% enrollment in compulsory grades and zero illiteracy.
-The high school drop out rate is about 2% and has been increasing
About 46% of all high school graduates go on to university or junior college.
Trends in Japan
- wearing face masks are the number one accessory due to the out break of sicknesses.
- Japan has many karaoke bars/clubs that are very popular
- YRU Platforms are the latest fashion trend along with crop tops and sheer clothing
- kit-kats are very popular and come in many different flavors like green tea, pumpkin and baked potato
Strange japanese snacks
other Kit- kai flavors Wasabi, strawberry, soy sauce, red bean sandwhich, cheesecake, cinnamon,chili,sweet potato, soy bean, apple and pear.
- In japan Pepsi has a drink called salty watermelon
- Japan also has mountain dew flavor Cheetos they also have strawberry flavor Cheetos as well
- They also have octopus ice cream
- salted Oreos
- Teriyaki milk
- Having Public display of affection is considered weird and makes people uncomfortable
- Eating on the street or the subway
- Putting soy sauce on white rice
- Blowing your nose in public
- Leaving a tip in japan will confuse the waiter
- Crossing your legs