Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Welcome to Massachusetts
Transcript of Welcome to Massachusetts
by Jane Bailey and Rajan
what do people in Massachusetts do for a living?
trade items and food
grow food or crops
fisherman or fisherwomen
a few facts about Massachusetts
founded by John Winthrop
Founded in 1630
region is New England
What crops were grown in the Massachusetts colony?
The people of Massachusetts were Puritans. Puritans were farmers, fishermen, shipbuilders, merchants and builders.
Massachusetts is 190 miles long and 50 miles wide. It is 10,555 square miles big. It is bordered by New Hampshire and Vermont. Massachusetts is nicknamed "The Bay State" because of several large bays. About half of the colony is forestland. The other half is hilly land. Summers are usually 70-90 degrees F. The winter temperature usually hovers over freezing.
thanks for watching
WELCOME TO MASSACHUSETTS