Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of PW.A9.8
Write down as many phrasal verbs as possible.
Be ready to explain their meanings to the class.
(NEED AN OBJECT)
A03 - U8
HEALTH AND FITNESS
Rock climbing is an activity that requires
What other activities like these can you mention. How do people prepare to do these activities?
What can you do to cheer yourself up when you feel sad or are facing a stressful situation?
A pesticide used for insect control.
EXPLORING THE THEME
hoW ARE MENTAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTH CONNECTED? hOW MUCH CONTROL DO WE HAVE OVER EACH ONE?
1. The word
______ describes an event that is always happening.
2. If a chemical
_______in the environment, it continues to exist.
3. Foods and plants grown without the use of pesticides or chemicals are called
4. When things
________ they collect or are gathered together over time.
5. If you have
________ something you have considered it in order to make a judgement about (for ex. how good or bad it is)
6. Chemicals that farms use to kill insects or to keep insects off their crops are called
7. If you
_______ a person, you are grateful to him/her and recognize his/her good qualities.
_____ of a substance are very small amounts of it.
_____ is a choice between two or more things.
10. When an item is
_______, it has been removed completely.
Why is it important to test products this way?
What reactions could the man have to these products?
why do you think this testing is being carried out?
When we are talking about a topic but we are not completely the information we have is correct.
It appears/seems to me (that)...
I'm not quite/altogether sure, but it appears (that)....
I could be wrong, but it appears/doesnt' appear (that)....
....appears / looks /seems (to be)...
It appears/looks/seems as thought...
I'm not quite/altogether sure (that)...
what's happening in the picture?
A phrasal verb is made up of
Most of the time, the meaning of a phrasal verb has nothing in common with the meaning of it's main verb.
To place something in a specific place
put off =
When making sentences, sometimes a phrasal verb can accept an object
This object can be
the verb and the particle. Other times the object
must go after
what do these phrasal verbs mean?
Some phrasal verbs do not need an object
lUZ AND JESS ARE BEST FRIENDS. tHEY PERFECTLY
(DON'T NEED AN OBJECT)
TO MAKE SOMETHING STOP
TO CANCEL / TO DISMISS
TO RESEMBLE SOMEONE (IN APPEARANCE OR CHARACTER)
TO SAVE / TO HOLD ON TO
TO ADMIT DEFEAT
TO MOVE AWAY FROM
TO TAKE CARE
WORK WITH A PARTNER
DO YOU THINK THAT THE RESULT OF THE LAWSUIT WAS FAIR FOR THE COMPANIES, THE FAMILIES AND THE LAWYERS? eXPLAIN
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH CONCERNS
HOW CONCERNED ARE YOU ABOUT....?
chemicals produced by plants or insects?
chemicals used to grow food?
chemical compound in paints or materials in your home?
chemicals in medicines?
chemicals in food preservatives, colors or flavors?
mercury produced by industries?
radiation from cellphones or x-ray machines?
mentioned in A and brainstorm
to take to protect yourselves from those environmental health concerns.
You will present your ideas to the class.
Who is a Shaman?
What do you think their job is?
1. E_____________= the same, equal in value or degree. (adj)
2. D_____________= facts, statistics, information in the form of numbers. (n)
3. A_____________= To be the product or the consequence of something. (v)
4. E____________ = the action of spreading out or becoming larger. (n)
5. G_____________= relating to the whole world. (adj)
6. I______________= at the beginning (adv)
7. V_____________= variations of an original item. (n)
8. U_____________= the best or greatest form of something.(adj)
9. P_________ T___= preceding or before something. (prep)
10. L______________= the act or process of making laws. (n)
yOU WILL ROLE PLAY A CONVERSATION BETWEEN FRIENDS.
TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO READ THE ARTICLE AGAIN.
YOU ARE TRYING TO PERSUADE YOUR FRIEND TO TRY YOGA.
yOU WILL ASK QUESTIONS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS ACTIVITY.
What kind of equipment do you think rock climbers use?
What are some dangers of rock climbing?
Would you like to try rock climbing? Why or why not?
To show the person you are talking to that you understand or sympathize with him/her.
You must be
That must be
You must have been
That must have been
A: I had to work all day yesterday.
B: Wow! You must have been
Why did you have to stay so late?
A: My family and I visited Machupicchu for the first time.
B: Really? That must have been
When did you travel?
Some phrasal verbs consist of
words. This last word is a
of these phrasal verbs goes
Martin Luther King
stood up for
of African Americans.
I made an error in the calculations but nobody
picked up on
We need to
come up with
to increase the company's sales.
put up with
who complain about everything.
Ok, let's stop goofing of and
get down to
. We have a lot to do.
You have to
get rid of
all those old clothes
you don't use anymore.
came down with
. I feel terrible.
Josh loves to
drop in on
unexpectedly. He never calls to say he's coming.