Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
South Asia Physical Geography
Transcript of South Asia Physical Geography
A large landmass that
is smaller than a
continent + larger than
a single country
Hindu Kush Mountains
How do the Himalayas affect
the climate of South Asia?
land form is this?.
large + fertile
[900 million ppl]
Three Great Rivers
One of the world's longest rivers, flow 2X that of Nile
Key water resource for the economy of Pakistan
"Bread basket of Punjab Province"
Important for irrigation
Himalayas to Bay of Bengal
Lifeline for millions who depend on it for daily needs
Sacred to Hindus
Concerns: Water levels + pollution
Ganges River in Peril
What are the key physical features of India & South Asia?
How does physical geography impact the people living there?
Oldest + Most stable area of land in India
Lava plateau that formed over millions of years
Separates the narrow coastal plain from the rest of India
Eroded + divided by four major rivers of South India