Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What is the human microbiome? (TwinsUK)
Transcript of What is the human microbiome? (TwinsUK)
What do we still need to find?
How can you help?
To answers these questions, all we need is a simple poo sample and a couple of short questionnaires!
You'll receive the information in your visit pack.
What is the human microbiome?
But aren't all bacteria bad?
Some bacteria are
...But most bacteria are
as many bacteria in the human body as
(That's a lot!)
What do these bacteria
They protect us from
They help digest our
And they make essential
They even teach our immune system what is
Each person's microbiome is
The types of bacteria can change
over short periods of
periods of time things are pretty
person, all the different
of bacteria live together in
But what if that balance is
in the microbiome have been linked with some
Irritable Bowel Disease
Type 2 Diabetes
Tip of the iceberg
How do genetics control the microbiome?
What environmental factors affect the microbiome?
Exactly what functions do these microbes perform?
You're never alone with your bacteria friends!
Thanks for watching!
Music: Kian Yarand
Video: Michelle Beaumont