Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of TGBC Introduction
as UK arm of
St Matthias Press
TGBC USA launched
and New Zealand launched
HQ moves from
Epsom - HQ
SPCK (IVP) & Macmillan (MDL) - trade
Duncan Parker &
To be the most respected publisher of biblical, relevant and accessible resources.
To be the most
publisher of biblical, relevant and accessible resources.
· “Respected” is important as it embodies Christian respect as well as commercial respect. We earn this respect by publishing superb books and resources, but also by conducting our activities in a godly and ethical way.
To be the most respected
of biblical, relevant and accessible resources.
· We agreed that “Publisher” sums up all the activities of a successful publishing company – not only editorial and creative but also marketing, logistics, sales etc. It also clarifies that while we might engage in other activities which are not publishing (3rd party retail, conference services, training etc) they are not our core activity and indeed should support publishing in a valuable way if they are to continue.
To be the most respected publisher of
, relevant and accessible resources.
· By “Biblical” we mean what we have sometimes called ‘bible-centred’ to date – not just referring to the Bible but making Scripture fundamental to our books and resources and encouraging readers to engage directly with it.
To be the most respected publisher of biblical,
and accessible resources.
· “Relevant” refers both to our culture, so that we are engaging with modern issues and perspectives, but also to our everyday lives, so that we are providing resources that help and encourage people in their day to day lives. NB. Brad was concerned that some in the US may construe ‘relevant’ as a negative word, so in those situations we could use the word ‘applicable’.
To be the most respected publisher of biblical, relevant and
· “Accessible” means that we are seeking to publish for as many people as possible – not just for church leaders or the most literate or theological section of the church. It doesn’t just refer to literacy, but also to how ‘churched’ readers are. We want our resources to be accessible for those who don’t know much about Christ.