Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The 9 Nonfiction Sign Posts
Transcript of The 9 Nonfiction Sign Posts
When the author has embedded the definition of a term within the text.
When the author lists or describes examples that relate to the topic of the text, or paragraph.
3. Numbers & Statistics
When the author uses numbers and statistics in the text.
When an author makes a direct comparison between two things.
What is the
of the signposts?
When you see them, you should
After you slow down, you need to pause and
yourself the Anchor Question.
The nonfiction sign posts work the
Identify the term (
it) and identify the definition
it). Then ask,
did the author want you to know the definition?
What are these examples of? How do these
the central idea/ argument?
about the statistic?
How is the author using this statistic to
the central idea/argument?
is the author
between something known and unknown?
does the author want me to
the subject matter
What is a statistic?