Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of From Mr. Potato Head to Abstract Picasso Portraits
Transcript of Copy of From Mr. Potato Head to Abstract Picasso Portraits
October 25, 1881.
Even as a young boy, it was obvious that Picasso was very talented. He drew this at the age of 9.
A Spanish artist.
Bullfight and Pigeons
Pablo Picasso's father
gave him his first
when he was
7 years old.
Picasso's full name is 23 words long!
Pablo Diego Jose Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno Maria de los Remedios Crispiniano de la Santisima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso!
Picasso's earliest art was very realistic.
"The First Communion"
He started this painting when
he was only 14 years old, finishing when he was 15.
His father was a painter and art teacher.
He specialized in drawing and painting
birds, especially doves and pigeons.
The Old Guitarist
The Blind Man's Meal
In 1904 Pablo fell in love.
Acrobat and Young Harlequin, 1905
Gertrude Stein 1906
Picasso was always thinking of things in a different way. He especially did this with his art. When he saw an exhibition of African masks, it influenced faces in some of his paintings.
-invented by Georges Braque & Picasso
-painted things from all angles at the same time -- front and sides
- used many straight lines and sharp angles.
Woman with Mandolin
Portrait of Ambroise Vollard
Untitled - 1923
"Every child is an artist,
the problem is how to remain an artist
once he grows up."
"It took me four years to paint like Raphael,
but a lifetime to paint like a child."
"I paint objects as I think them,
not as I see them."
1. Draw a funny shaped head.
2. Draw things in funny places: eyes, nose,
mouth, ears, neck, hair, shirt.
3. Color in all the shapes with funny colors.
4. Sign your name on the front with “Picasso” as your last name!!