Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Raspberry Pi and Home Automation
Transcript of Raspberry Pi and Home Automation
What If Your Home...
...send you a notification if someone is home?
...you play media on your entertainment system and your lights set the mood?
...create your own security system?
...helps you have a beautiful garden?
...could track your house from anywhere?
You Now Can With Home Assistant!
Home Assistant runs on Python 3
Mobile Friendly and Web Based
Controls all your devices
No data in "the cloud"
Of the utmost privacy
A Little More About Me!
- Currently pursuing a Computer Science Degree at West Virginia State University
- From Charleston, WV
- Loved Raspberry Pi since it launched in 2012
- Favorite board is the Raspberry Pi 3
My DIY Projects involving Home Assistant!
What Can Home Assistant Support?
...find your keys or wallet through your voice assistant?
…had a button to change the mood?
...open your garage door when a camera sees your license plate?
...track your fitness?
...assists you in feeding your pet?
Do It Yourself!
For Messaging other Raspberry Pi's with homemade IoT devices
For any web-based
To make your own cloud for storage
To communicate details
(WiFi MQTT Sensor Node)
Raspberry Pi Zero W Sensor Node
(MQTT Based, Home Assistant Sync'd)
Smart Home Enabled
Smart Scale with IFTTT Syncability
NeoPixel Strip and Circle Controller
Controllable and Sensored
(MQTT / Home Assistant)