Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Organelle Project: Peroxisomes
Transcript of Organelle Project: Peroxisomes
Detoxify alcohol and drugs
Break down fatty acids What Kind of Cells are Peroxisomes Found in? Profuse amount in liver and kidney cells. Also found in plant cells. How Many are Usually in a Cell? Small clusters. More abundant in kidney/liver cells. What would happen if peroxisomes were absent from our bodies? unwanted proteins drugs and alcohol dangerous free radicals (molecules that contain one or more unpaired electron) Cancer
Weak Immune System
Brain Damage Simple shape and structure. Peroxisomes and lysosomes are similar in many ways. How are they different? Contain different enzymes. Made by different organelles. Where in the cell are they located? Peroxisomes can be found distributed throughout the cell's cytoplasm. The end! The end! What do Peroxisomes produce? H O (Hydrogen Peroxide) 2 2