Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Unit 2 Lesson 4
Transcript of Unit 2 Lesson 4
circling unfamiliar vocabulary
What words did you circle?
How does the author represent her cultural identity in this essay?
Answer questions 9-11
Get your Springboard book from the bookshelf
Copy down the EQs
Answer the following questions in your notebook:
Choose a characteristic of culture (food, language, history, fashion, etc.) and use it to explain your cultural identity. Be sure to:
Use an informal voice to engage your audience
Develop your response with vivid details and descriptions
Use diction and punctuation to create an appropriate tone
How do cultural experiences shape, impact, or influence our daily lives?
What is your ethnic identity and how is it present in your daily life?
How can we use an author's stylistic choices to identify voice?
What is your ethnicity? What food, language, fashion, geography, history, etc. is associated with your identity? Make a list.
Annotate either your own or a partner's writing, underlining the stylistic choices
What is the author's voice?