Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Career Interview Assignment
Transcript of Career Interview Assignment
By Valerie Olivas
“We exist to make a difference in people’s lives through excellent patient care”
Any money made is reinvested into
* New hospital beds
* New or expanding patient care services
* New physician services
* New technologies
* Maintaining existing equipment
* Facilities paying employees’ salaries.
*Strong computer skills, with ability to work with medical software.
*Ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
Value People Above All
"The people of Banner Health are focused on delivering excellent care to our patients. In return, we are committed to excellence in personal development for all our employees".
How Banner's core values line up with my personal career goals?
* Values are everything I am looking for in a company.
* Will improve my life as I help improve the life of others
* Everything I stand for!!
Banner's Employer Commitment states:
“We’ll help make a difference in your life and career so that you can make a difference in the lives of others.”
“To improve the health of children through the provision of high-quality, coordinated programs of patient care, education, research and advocacy”
* One of the largest health care systems in the country
* Is in seven different states
*Have approx. 35,000 employees
* 24 hospitals
* Approx 4,360 beds
* Basic computer skills required
* Excellent customer service
*Communication skills with hospital/clinic staff children, parents and visitors
* Knowledge of medical terminology
* Ability to prioritize and organize tasks in a fast paced setting
*Excellent written and verbal communication *Ability to work independently and as a team member.
"Honor the sacred trust of our patients, families and each other through humble expertise, generous service and boundless creativity"
How Children's core values line up with my personal career goals?
Helping others is something I love to do especially children but ultimately the research that I found on the website of the company’s values doesn’t line up with my personal career goals. From the research I did nothing benefits me in my career goals in the future.
* 1897- the idea for a children’s hospital in Colorado began with summer tent hospitals for babies inspired by Dr. Minnie C.T. Love
*There was six medical staff and volunteer nurses who treated up to 50 children under the age of five
* May 9, 1908- Same group of volunteers officially incorporated as Children's Hospital Colorado substituting bricks and mortar for canvas tents in the process.
* 1909, Children's Hospital Colorado converted a former residence at 2221 Downing Street into a “well equipped institution with a capacity of 30 beds,”
* Feb. 17, 1910- First patients' admitted
University of Colorado Health
“We improve lives.
In big ways through learning, healing and discovery.
In small, personal ways through human connection.
But in all ways, we improve lives”
Formally known as ...
Poudre Valley Health System
Experience is required
"Connect with our patients… and we’ll connect with your future".
"You will be one of the first people our patients interact with in the outpatient clinic. If you have excellent communication skills with the capability to relate to a diverse patient and staff population we are interested in talking to you".
* Patients first
How does University of CO Health's core values line up with your personal career goals?
Getting further in my career has everything to do with my patients, integrity and excellence work. Their values are everything I believe in as a person. I believe 100% that the University of Colorado Health’s values are those of mine and putting those values first will get me further in my personal career goals.
If I meet someone in any of the companies, what would I ask?
1. What background is necessary or helpful for this position?
2. What does your company look for when recruiting people?
3. What are typical career paths for people in the field?
4. What is the employment outlook for the field, nationally and locally? Is demand increasing or decreasing?
How would I handle obstacles?
“The best way to deal with problems is to think about them in advance. Having a plan or strategy will help reduce your stress when one of these events occurs. The strategy will make it easier for you to continue working towards your goals”