Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
LSM305, Jade, Rosie, Emma & SoYoung
Transcript of LSM305, Jade, Rosie, Emma & SoYoung
"We are always looking for qualified individuals with a great personality
to provide FIRST CLASS service to our members" I worked on Hamilton Island, the leading island resort destination in the Whitsunday Islands, part of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. I worked as a Food and Beverage Attendant at Pool Terrace restaurant in the Reef View Hotel for six months.
- Variety of events All of these are vital skills required to be successful in the events industry and are skills highly valued by employers. United Kingdom, Gloucestershire All of our placements have allowed us to gain invaluable experience and skills that are desirable for future employers and are vital to be successful in the events and hospitality industry. Key skills gained: wee Anglo Korean Partnership
I gained experience in a number of areas within a hotel including waitressing, hosting, room service, bar work and buffet set up and break down. I also had the opportunity to work in a number of different food and beverage outlets across the Island. International coordinator International Events Coordinator International business company specialising in the facilitation, development and delivery of university pathway programmes; usually in partnership with Korea, China and Japan. Networking Departmental Rotation Travel and life experience Graduate Employment Returning Seasonal Work Organization Products
& Services Skill Development Key Trends & Characteristics - Value for money - American Service (Instant Pacification)! - Cultural Celebrations Attention to detail Time Management Multitasking Teamwork Adaptability Flexibility Global Market Communication Develop your cultural sensitivity and understanding and aspire to a global business career...
(Chapel, 1998) An international placement can increase the employability of students who have this extra element of educational capital and life experience.
(King et al, 2010) 'Immerse yourself in an environment with differing values and world views'
(Chapel 1998) International companies look for employees who can demonstrate their ability and willingness to adapt to working abroad. Experience of working abroad is an impressive addition to a resume and can help extend your career path. Responsibility such as presenting new ideas and managing projects developed my motivation. An international placement gave me an amazing opportunity for exposure to new experiences and a greater potential for learning. Working in a totally different cultural environment developed my confidence to practice in varied, challenging and unknown situations. The hospitality industry is varied and challenging requiring self-confidence and independence. I found that waitressing is extremely hard work and it developed and enhanced my communication, attention to detail, time management and multi-tasking skills. - Diverse workforces - Multicultural functions - Language ability - Adventure tourism Harvey et al (1997) Yorke & Knight (2006) Where in the world will your
placement take you?