Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of (E)motional design
Double Mediation in Kinetic Interfaces
Jon Olav H. Eikenes
Katachi magazine app for iPad
(Vygotsky 1978, Leont'ev 1977)
'Tool' = an auxiliary means for the solution of any task
(Kress and van Leeuwen 2001)
'Sign' = something that stands for something else
'Semiotic resource' = meaning potential
Eikenes (2010a, 2010b)
How can we understand engagement in kinetic interfaces?
Bødker & Andersen (2005)
van Leeuwen (2005)
Bannon & Bødker (1991)
Interface as tool
Interface as sign/medium