Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Hernando De Soto
Transcript of Hernando De Soto
- He returned to Spain in 1536 and was granted rights to conquer Florida.
- He became governor of Cuba in 1537.
- He was a slave trader.
- His family wanted him to become a lawyer.
- When he returned to Spain he brought 18,000 ounces of gold ($30,321,000 now.)
- He assembled a fleet of 10 ships and selected a crew of 700 men based on their fighting skills.
-He killed the Inca ruler. Interesting Facts: De Soto died on May 21, 1542 of fever. They buried him in the Mississippi River so Native Americans would not abuse his body. = ENDED = STARTED By: Jessica Wang