Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Hernando De Soto
Transcript of Hernando De Soto
- He returned to Spain in 1536 and was granted rights to conquer Florida.
- He became governor of Cuba in 1537.
- He was a slave trader.
- His family wanted him to become a lawyer.
- When he returned to Spain he brought 18,000 ounces of gold ($30,321,000 now.)
- He assembled a fleet of 10 ships and selected a crew of 700 men based on their fighting skills.
-He killed the Inca ruler. Interesting Facts: De Soto died on May 21, 1542 of fever. They buried him in the Mississippi River so Native Americans would not abuse his body. = ENDED = STARTED By: Jessica Wang