Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
COREY BOOKER "QUEEN MOTHER"
Transcript of COREY BOOKER "QUEEN MOTHER"
criminals and victims of drug abuse
and sex crimes, and the graffiti
that covered every surface. “Boy, you could
never ever help me!”
she told him,
and stormed off. He followed her, begging her to explain. “You need to understand something,” she said.
“The world you see outside of you is a reflection of what you have inside of you. If you are one of these people who only sees problems or darkness or despair, that is all there is ever going to be. But if you are one of those people who see hope, opportunity, and love, then you can make a change and help me.” Cory Booker learned this lesson as he stood in the intersection of a busy street. We, in this country, stand at the intersection not of a busy city but of educational history. The field of American education is changing in ways that are more dramatic and more far-reaching than anything any of us could have imagined.
If we are going to play a role in shaping the future, then we need to take the Queen Mother’s advice to heart.
We need to see hope and opportunity.