Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Napoleon and Adverising
Transcript of Napoleon and Adverising
Period 7 This propaganda is showing Napoleon's coronation when he crowned himself. This is a glittering generality. It is showing Napoleon crowning his wife making him not look like he is full of himself when he crowned himself.
1) It is descriptive. This is what Napoleon wanted everyone to think that happened. It is describing what people thought happened when they saw this picture.
2) It describes a little of both ideology and behavior. It is the idea that Napoleon had for everyone. It shows that Napoleon acted like a great person with all those people there and him being a nice gentleman crowning his wife.
3) It tells about the actions of the elite people. It is an action that happens when there is a new ruler. It is a great event seeing it from an "ordinary" persons perspective.
4) This source answers how Napoleon presented himself as a person. This was one way Napoleon used propaganda.
5) This source doesn't tell when the event happened. Also if it actually worked.
6) I think this is a good source. It shows how Napoleon was and it gives information. "He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
-Napoleon Bonaparte This propaganda is assertion. He is trying to show that he isn't afraid so he won't be defeated during war time.
1) This is prescriptive. He thinks that if you go into a battle without fear than you won't be defeated.
2) This quote describes ideology. This is what Napoleon thinks. If you are scared then you are going to lose. That's what Napoleon was trying to get everyone to think as well.
3) This is a belief. It is what Napoleon believes will happen and probably other conquerors too. They will be victorious if they show no fear. It is from a war hero's perspective.
4) This source shows they way Napoleon thinks. Also how he appealed to soldiers or generals during war time.
5) This source doesn't give times or tells exactly what Napoleon did.
6) This is a very good source. It is a quote by Napoleon himself. It tells what he believed and his thoughts.
This propaganda is pinpointing the enemy. It shows Napoleon hiding something from the soldiers and only showing them about war.
1) This source is descriptive. It is what the people thought did happen when Napoleon was in power. Napoleon didn't show all the truth. He just showed what he wanted to happen.
2) It describes ideology. It didn't really happen just like that but it is what people thought. It is a cartoon that show what they think happened.
3) This is from the perspective of the people who don't like Napoleon. This shows the actions that Napoleon did so he could remain in power and get what he wants.
4) This source shows what the people who hated Napoleon thought of him. Also it shows what they did. This source gives the side of the people who hated Napoleon. It was propaganda against the ruler.
5) This source doesn't tell what Napoleon thought of it or the actions he took by it. Or if any body changed their thought of Napoleon by it.
6) This is a very useful source that many historians can use for research.
This propapganda is bandwagon. They are showing Napoleon during war time and he seems to have won the fight and the enemy is begging at his feet. This painting makes him look like he is a forgiving war general.
1) This source is descriptive. It makes you think what did happen when Napoleon won a battle. This painting gives him a "good guy" look, when he was fighting a war.
2) It describes behavior. It is showing how Napoleon acted when he won a war. Also that he did win wars easily.
3) This source looks like it is coming from Napoleon's perspective. He thought highly of himself and wanted others to as well. It tells about his actions when working with an enemy that he just defeated.
4) This kind of source can last for a very long time. Also it shows that Napoleon thought he was a forgiving person when it came to wars. It was one of his propaganda techniques.
5) This source doesn't give times or dates of anything that happened. This type of source didn't come from Napoleon, it was just something he wanted made about himself as a war leader. So it was made for him during his time as ruler
6) This is a great and helpful source. It is a painting that Napoleon personally wanted made for the people to know he is great. This propaganda is glittering generalities. Napoleon is making himself look like a great leader and war general in this painting.
1) It is both prescriptive and descriptive. It tells that Napoleon would be a great leader. Then it is descriptive because he was a war hero.
2) I think it describes behavior. This source makes Napoleon look like he would behave like a great person and would do great things.
3) This is from Napoleon's perspective because it is what he thinks of himself. It tells both because he believes he is great. And it makes him look like he take acts like a great leader.
4) This source shows that Napoleon thought highly of himself and how he published that. He really showed everyone that he is a great war hero and that he can be a leader.
5) This source doesn't tell what people thought of Napoleon or their reactions to this painting. It also doesn't give dates or tell that much about Napoleon, except the fact that he loved himself.
6) This is a great source. It is a great example of one of Napoleon's propaganda techniques.