Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Irish Dance
On the other hand, during the 1800 and 1900s, male Irish dancers wore clothing the consisted of, but was not limited to, the following:
a plain kilt or plain pants
reel shoes, which were black leather dancing shoes
The Irish dance originated in Ireland.
Irish dance became known as 'National Dances of Ireland'
Became a popular expression of Irish nationalism
Over the years, Irish dancing has been taught all over the world
gold thread embroidery
ghillies, which are a type of soft dancing shoes
In the 1800s and 1900s, female Irish dancers would often wear clothing that included, but was not limited to the following:
It was a way to celebrate and party
It was used for competing
The main colous worn by Irish dancers were green and white, because they represented Ireland.
Red was often avoided back in the day, because it was relevant to England, because the Irish did not like the English.
Examples of instruments and music that are used in Irish dance:
Irish folk music
Irish dancing consists of:
Rigid, stiff arms
Hands in fists
Rapid, quick, and precise movements in the legs and feet
By Yi and Melanie