Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Buddhism
Siddhartha Guatama 563 BCE in Nepal to ca. 480 BCE
Spread of Buddhism
(Greater Vehicle), inclusion of
4 Noble Truths
What are the principle concepts of Buddhism?
How did Buddhism transform over time and how did it spread throughout Asia?
What does Buddha look like?
1. The truth of suffering
2. The truth of the cause of suffering
3. The truth of the end of suffering
4. The truth of the path that leads to the end of suffering (8-fold path)
The Middle Path
Why does Buddha say that intense pleasure cannot lead to truth?
Why does he say that intense suffering cannot lead to truth?
What does "Self is a fever, a transient vision, a dream" mean? How is this different from the concept of "self" in "The Upanishads"?
Hinduism and Buddhism
Enlightenment (Moksha, Nirvana)
Buddhism rejects the caste system
Twenty-five Bodhisattvas Descending from Heaven. Japanese painting, c. 1300.