Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Warren Jeffs and the FLDS
Transcript of Warren Jeffs and the FLDS
Ms. Pangle Warren Jeffs & The FLDS Beliefs What Is The FLDS? - Fundamentalist Church Of Latter Day Saints
- Polygamous "sect"
- Broke away from Church Of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints (LDS) when the LDS wanted to break away from polygamy. Where Does The FLDS Have Quarters? - Eldorado, Texas
- Arizona/Utah border
- Hilldale, Utah
- Colorado City How Many People Belong To This Church? 14 Million people follow this church! Who Is Warren Jeffs? - Warren Steed Jeffs
- 14th child (of 64 children)
- December 3, 1955
- 80+ wives
- 31+ children
- "miracle child" What do their headquarters look like? 1. Warren Jeffs controls every aspect of your life Who you marry... What you wear... Even what music you listen to... which is none. 2. You may have no access to the outside world... No Cell Phones No Television! :/ No Video Games and No Internet! 3. No Water Activities (boating, skiing, or fishing) None... at all... No Specific Books... No Dances (or any social get-togethers) Laughter causes God to leak from your body... Homosexuality = Sin You cannot be black... No bikes or toys.... You may only eat beans and water... Women's Rules Your whole purpose is to have children "When you get married and have children, your whole purpose is to have children for the Lord to use..." (Warren Jeffs) You belong to the prohpet You must live plural marriage! You dont choose who you love... You are just told to love them... You MUST obey your husband! Your hair is your crown... You will need your hair in heaven! Your body is your temple... No pants, or anything above the knee... No make-up! like our school... Your hair must be coiffed!
- a special style 15 men father all the children and 2 men must be there to witness... Miscarraige = banishing More general rules... No peircings/tattoos YOU MUST OBEY THE PROPHET! Obey the prophet... when he speaks, and you'll be blessed... DISOBEY him... and... it's... DEATH... You get no more than a grade-school level of education! So, what really happens if you disobey the "prophet"?????! You are "cast out"... Holding Out Help Lost Boys (Sons of Perdition)
-Burn in hell forever What if you just escape? You are an Apostate "American Taliban" TAKING ACTION America has:
- Taken the entire population of the Short
- Put the children in Child Protective Services May 6th, 2006 Worth: $10,000 August 28, 2006 Caught on Interstate 15 in Clark County, Nevada. LIFE IN PRISON 50 of Warren's 80 wives! Merrianne Jessop
12-years-old Veda Keate
13-years-old Ora Bonnie Steed with underage
sister wife, Veda Keate Loretta Jane Barlow During his trial, Brent Jeffs (his nephew) testified to being raped by Warren since he was 5... And wrote a book about it... Warren will be able for parole on
July 22nd, 2031... Other Questions:
(1) How many people have escaped?
(2) Have they really ever killed anybody?
(3) Can anyone join? Sources"YFZ Ranch." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 03 June 2013. Web. 12 Mar. 2013."General Questions Regarding Mormon Fundamentalists." General Questions Regarding Mormon Fundamentalists. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2013."Leroy S. Johnson." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 03 Mar. 2013. Web. 12 Mar. 2013.Brower, Sam, and Jon Krakauer. Prophet's Prey: My Seven-year Investigation into Warren Jeffs and the Fundamentalist Church of Latter-Day Saints. New York, NY: Bloomsbury, 2011. Print."Utah Local News - Salt Lake City News, Sports, Archive - The Salt Lake Tribune." Utah Local News - Salt Lake City News, Sports, Archive - The Salt Lake Tribune. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2013."Warren Jeffs." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 28 Feb. 2013. Web. 12 Mar. 2013."FLDS: Clothes Differentiate Beween the Righteous and the Evil." Apologetics Index: Christian Apologetics and Cult Information. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2013."PHOTOS: Polygamist Sect Leader Warren Jeffs and His Child Brides." â_“ Crime Library. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2013. Rationale:
I chose this topic because I was watching an ABC 20/20 episode about this and became interested in the church and their leader. It’s interesting to research topics other than the one you grew up learning (Catholicism). I knew little about this topic before this project, but I wanted to know more, and now I do. You are born into a polygamous sect. By the time you are 19, you have no more than a first grade level of reading. You are excommunicated from your way of living if you ask questions, because there is no future in asking where your future is. You are not taught science or history because in your church, they are fiction. You are told that Neil Armstrong was lead AWAY from the moon by God. You don’t know how a president is elected, or who Ronald Reagan was. You are told a man named Warren Jeffs, or “Uncle Warren” is the president of the United States. You don’t know who Santa Claus is. If you are a girl, your purpose in life is to have children. If you are a boy, you endure hard labor at an early age and you are told that play is unproductive. You don't want to live here...