Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Respiratory System
Respiration is acheived through the mouth, nose, trachea, lungs, and diaphragm. Functions The primary function of the Respiratory System is to supply oxygen to the blood vessels, so the blood can supply oxygen to all parts of the body. The principle functions of the respiratory system are:
- ventilate the lungs
- extract oxygen from the air and transfer it to the bloodstream
- excrete carbon dioxide and water vapor
- maintain the acid base of the blood the Breathing Process Breathing is the process that moves air in and out of the lungs. Breathing is one of the processes that delivers oxygen to where it is needed in the body. It also removes carbon dioxide. Respiratory System working with other body Parts The respiratory system works with other systems of the body including the digestive system, skeletal system, circulatory system, muscular system, and the nervous system. The skelatal system protects the inner body, therefore protecting the respiratory system. 5 Facts 1. The right lung is slightly larger than the left. 2. We lose half a liter of water a day through breathing. 3. Women and children breathe faster than men. 4. A pulmonologist is the name for a specialist for the respiratory system 5. We breathe in 13 pints of air every minute.