Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Gender
1. To go to work
2. Help the women take care of the house
3. Help with the children.
3. Bride Price
What Characteristics are considered distinctly masculine and distinctly feminine? Do such stereotypes hold true in the actions of the actual characters
Answer: The dominiant role for women is: First, to make a good wife for the husband .
Second, be a obeying wife
Third, to bare many children
the ideal man provides his family materially in his greeat ability in the battlefield
The Foundations of Igbo culture is ingrained with gender roles
Which character cross gender stereotypes? What are their occupations or roles in society?How does society react ( if at all ) to the break from normal gender roles?
The gender theme in the book centers around the idea of balance between masculine and feminine force- body and mind, and emotionality and rationality, mother and father.
Economy: The majority of the Igbo are farmers
what is the purpose of the gender - coding almost every aspect of society - right down to crops?
Answer: the novel revolves around the structured gender roles. All of Igbo lives are gendered. characterized the Igbo life style.
How might Okonkwo's personality be seen as the results of an imbalance between nurturing feminine and aggressive musculine forces?