Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Albert Fish
By Carl Altoveros, Sarah Brockway, Daniel Jung
Date: Winter break 2014-2015
Teacher: Ms. Sinclair
Killer: Albert H. Fish
-A sadist, Albert Fish enjoyed bringing pain to others.
-He seeked the high of danger. When inquired about what he felt about being electrocuted, he said he was looking forward to feeling "the only thrill he hasn't felt yet."
The best of both worlds, he was a
of an organized and disorganized killer:
-During the act, he covered his traces well by utilizing his harmless image.
-However, he was careless in that he sent physical, obscene letters to women.
He called his instruments for killing the "Implements of Hell." It included a meat cleaver, a butcher's knife, and a saw. His main ways to kill were strangulation and dismemberment.
The Case of Grace Budd
He found his lust for cannibalism raising his 6 children.
He appeared to be benign. He acted like a regular old man who was interested in hiring Edward Budd for work.
Talked to Mrs. Budd inquiring about Edward, but instead took interest in her younger daughter Grace. Invited her to a birthday party for his niece.
Albert stripped naked to avoid getting blood on his clothes, hid in a closet, and locked Grace to the ground.
He strangled Grace to death, later dismembering her and cooking her in a stew.
Albert cooked most of his victims to eat. He said it took him 9 days to finish eating Grace's remains. He sometimes would carry around some of her flesh
Years after consuming Grace Budd, Albert felt it necessary to write a letter to Mr. and Mrs. Budd describing the event to them. He wrote in detail about what he did to her and how he felt about it.
Nature vs. Nurture
Altered State of mind/ Areas of the Brain affected/active
Symptoms, Disorders, Treatment
Arrest and Trial
-Held in March 1935 and lasted for 10 days
-The letter Albert had wrote to Mrs. Budd was the reason officials found him.
- Officials waited outside his house for Albert.
- Albert agreed to come along quietly, but pulled out a razor on the official.
- Albert confessed to all the murders he was suspected of.
- Big issue was determining if Albert was insane or not.
- Jury still accused him sane, therefore guilty and he was sentenced to death by electric chair.
1. Albert Fish has been dead for 79 years.
6. He had a boyfriend at the age of 12.
7. In his youth he explored GROSS practices like urolagnia and coprophagia.
8. To the police, he claimed to have had 100 other victims scattered across the country along with Grace Budd.
9. His birth name was Hamilton Fish. He changed it to Albert after being teased in the orphanage.
10. He frequented brothels to be beaten up and whipped.
11. Carl apologizes for being absent. (x
1. Albert Fish was called the "Werewolf of Wysteria."
2. Albert Fish was a masochist.
3. When he was being electrocuted, the electric chair short circuited, requiring them to give him two shocks instead of one.
4. He was a male prostitute in New York.
5. He was born into a family with a long history of mental illnesses.
In sin he found salvation
family has a long history of mental illness
abandoned by parents, forced to live at an orphanage
the orphanage was regarded by Fish as "a place of brutality" where he was beaten and abused. Roots of his own sadistic and self-abusive habits
Like most serial killers, he was affected by both nature and nurture
Fish lured his child victims into a false state of comfort; seemed like a warmhearted grandfather figure who posed no threat to their safety
Fish claimed to hear voices in his head
Many psychiatrists described Fish as insane, but he was never clinically diagnosed
Orbital cortex NOT active, meaning Fish did not think morally or ethically
Occasionally when children such as Fish are abused and experience head injury, key areas in the brain can get damaged and lead to diminished sense of judgement, along with tendencies to be violent and act on impulses
Symptoms: sadistic tendencies such as spanking and inflicting pain on himself and others
-preferred eating private parts and behinds of the children he killed (fetishes)
-suffered from dilusions
-possibly schizophrenic- claimed to hear voices in his head
-religious psychosis- would shout "I am Christ" from time to time, justified his actions as right because otherwise "an angel would have stopped him"
-Fish knew what was right and wrong, although his perception was pervertidly distorted. Therefore he was diagnosed as sane
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy