Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of SHINGLES
By: Migle Petrauskaite & Hannah Sian
Herpes Zoster virus
(same virus that causes Chicken Pox)
After a person recovers from Chicken Pox, the virus stays dormant in the body and can reactivate years later
- Painful red rash
Mode of Transportation
- Direct contact with fluid from blisters
- Rash occurs in a single shape around either right or left side of the body
- (other cases) rash occurs on one side of the face
- Can affect the eye and cause loss of vision
- Upset stomach
- More susceptible to people 60 years and older
- People who have already had the chicken pox
- Usually gets healed by itself without treatment
(treatment is recommended when it is present on the face or if a person has low immunity)
-Antiviral, anti- inflammatory , and Antihistamine medicines
(to be effective, they must be started as soon as possible after the rash appears)
- People aged 60 years and older get one dose of shingles vaccine which is available in pharmacies and doctors offices.
- Elderly people should also stay away from children who have chicken pox
- Newborn babies
- Almost 1 out of every 3 people in the United States will develop shingles, also known as zoster or herpes zoster, in their lifetime.
- You can develope shingles more than one in your lifetime
- Those who have weak immune systems
-Richard Nixon, Billy Idol, and Robin Williams dealt with shingles
"An Overview of Shingles."
. Webmd. Web.16 September 2015
. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 1 May 2015. Web. 16 Septemeber 2015.
Healthchanneltv/ Cherishyourhealthtv. "Shingles - The causes, symptoms, treatment and prevention." online video clip.
. Youtube, 23 May 2013. web. 16 September 2015.
8 Famous People That Had Shingles
." RMshingles. 29 March 2015. Web. 17 September 2015.